Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Here you will find my latest thoughts, articles I have written, some of my best poems and an occasional out burst!

Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Associated Content vs. Helium

Well, for those of you who have been wanting to know what site pays better here you go. I started writing for Helium about 2 months ago. I have posted about 19 articles with Helium. Off of those 19 articles (4 of which were poems) I have earned less than$0.90. Yea that's right a whole 90 cents! A few weeks later I started writing for Associated Content (AC). Well since then I have resubmitted those 19 articles to AC as well. Out of those 15 articles and 4 poems, to date, I have earned $69. 80 off of about 14 of those articles plus about $5 in page views alone.

I could have made about 30 more but, AC doesn't pay upfront payments for poems but you do get your page views. Another thing was that 4 of my articles did not receive upfront payment because they were 'too popular' do to being posted on Helium. Wheew, I wish I would have known that to start with and I wouldn't have wasted my time with Helium.

Is Helium worth it? Yes and no. If you are writing for a hobbie then Helium is great! It's also a great place to submit your pieces AFTER they have been published on AC. That way you won't have to worry about them being 'too popular'. As for making money at Helium- it can be hard unless you are an expert. You can make tons of money with Helium if you win contest and get chosen by Marketplace which can now pay up to $150. But that's the whole point...if! Since your articles are rated by other writers it can be kinds difficult to get to the top and win contests. One is because everyone has there own opinion on what is good, and then you have your other writers that when the vote, they just click a button and never read which can tip the scales in a not so good direction.

Is AC worth it? YES! Since there is no 'raters' and AC actually has real workers to read them it makes it alot more profitable. AC doesn't go by ratings. They go by qualilty. They actually offer you an amount $3-2o for each article if it is acceptable. To be acceptable it has to be written as you would write for any other company of course, 400 words or more, proper grammer and spelling (if you make a few mistakes it doesn't matter but your offer will be lower), and they do ask that you don't write about something that already has 5 million articles about it. Its very easy to earn with AC. While it does take a 3-4 days usually to get your offer, it's well worth it. You write the article, submit it and with in a few days AC will give you an offer and then once you accept the offer it will take about 2 more days to publish (which means its actually on the internet in a readable form). I would have to say it's well worth it! Check out "My AC" on the right side bar and it will take you to my profile. It will give you an idea of how it works! If you have questions just let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this. I have been a member of Associated Content for awhile but for some reason I am drawn more to Helium. I may venture back over to AC and submit some articles there too.

Dina
onehonestopinion.blogspot.com