Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Here you will find my latest thoughts, articles I have written, some of my best poems and an occasional out burst!

Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Final Goodbyes

Not a day goes by that I don't think of my brother Jason Nowling. He was killed in a horrible motorcycle crash in the early morning hours of July 18, 2002. Losing him was very hard for me and I used writing to help cope with his loss. I found it easier to write what I felt then to speak it. I would have to say that Final Goodbyes is the best poem I have written. I'm not sure if its just because it's a good piece or because it means so much to me. There are times when I pick it up, read it and begin to cry. Its been 5 years but the pain feels like it happened yesterday but the way I miss him, feels like 100 years since I saw him last. I still remember the very last time I saw him. It was around 5pm on Sunday, July 14th, his daughter and I were about to gome home after spending the weekend with him. One of his friends came over and they left to go to town. The last time I saw my brother he was pulling out of the yard in a Red VW Jetta. Never would I have expected it to be the last time. Never given the chance to say our Final Goodbyes.

No comments: